Friday, April 1, 2011

MPSF Athlete of the Week: Antwain Aguillard (3/28/2011)


Senior Antwain Aguillard locked up this week's MPSF and Long Beach State Athlete of the Awards by hitting a blistering .695 (41-0-59) with no errors in two wins over Pacific and Stanford on the road last weekend, setting a career-high with 24 kills against the No. 2 Cardinal in the win. The Black and Gold Insider caught up with Antwain to hear about his impressive weekend.


Black and Gold Insider: How does it feel to be recognized as the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Molten Player of the Week?

Antwain Aguillard: To be recognized as the MPSF player of the week is a great honor to have. It is an award that our team shares together because it was not just an individual effort. We rely on each other a great deal to succeed and compete on a high level like we do.

You helped defeat No. 2 ranked Stanford with a career-high 24 kills, what was the key to that victory?

Antwain Aguillard: The key to this victory was sticking together, and staying cohesive after going down two games to one.
What do you think this team needs to continue to do in order to compete at this level?

Antwain Aguillard: For us to keep competing at this level, I think it is important that we take care of our side of the net. Hit our good serves, and get over the net to make good blocking moves.
You are a geography major, what is one place in the world you would love to have the opportunity to visit, and why?

Antwain Aguillard: I'd like to visit Chengdu, China because of my high interest in culinary arts. Chengdu is known for its extraordinary food.

How does your school pride affect your on the court performance?

Antwain Aguillard: My school pride affects my on the court performance for many reasons. First being that it is my last year and I want our program to be seen as powerful once again, therefore helping our future teams get highly rated recruits. Second, my school pride helps me to keep going because I, as well as my team, want to be national champions once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails